Can I split (subdivide) my land?

Whether or not a property is eligible for subdivision requires the analysis of several factors. This includes land use plan maps, road frontage and access, soil suitability, total acreage, as well as a number of other items. 

The Kenosha County Department of Planning and Development would be happy to provide you with more information on the subdivision process. Please contact us at (262) 857-1895 to obtain additional information or visit the Land Development page.

Show All Answers

1. What is a comprehensive plan?
2. What is land use plan?
3. What is a neighborhood plan?
4. Can I split (subdivide) my land?
5. Do I need an appointment if I am going to subdivide my property?
6. Do I need an appointment if I am going to open a new business in an existing building that had a business?
7. What is a Certified Survey Map?
8. What is a Plat?
9. What is a Preliminary Plat?
10. What is a Final Plat?
11. I am looking to file for a certified survey map, conditional use permit, subdivision plat or rezoning approval. How will the filing and meeting attendance process work?
12. When will my new tax key parcel numbers be assigned as a result of my recorded land division or parcel combination document?
13. How do I get a permit to create a new driveway access or modify an existing driveway access?
14. What public service utilities such as electric, gas, broadband and telephone are available at a property?