Adult protective services are available to adults 18 or older, who are at risk of abuse or neglect. Options and services vary with the needs and willingness of the adult but can include:
- Arranging for medical care
- Coordination with law enforcement and other agencies
- Assistance finding alternative living arrangements
- Financial management services and referrals
- Homemaker and housekeeper services within specified limits
- Crisis interventions, such as restraining orders
- Long-term legal interventions, such as guardianship and protective placement.