Can I put rocks on the shoreline?

This activity generally pertains to rip rap which is done primarily to protect the land from soil erosion. A County stipulated shoreland permit is required, and erosion control standards must be met. You must submit a complete Stipulated Shoreland Permit Application including a property survey/site plan (example) and submit the appropriate fee based upon the Kenosha County Department of Planning & Development Fee Schedule. Rip rap activities are also regulated by the WDNR. Please call the Sturtevant WDNR office at (262) 884-2355 or visit the WDNR website for more information

Show All Answers

1. What conservation programs are available to county residents?
2. I am interested in the CRP Program.
3. I would like to abandon a well and heard there is cost-sharing available.
4. Do you have a tree program?
5. What are conservation buffers?
6. Can I fill my property?
7. Can I have horses? How many?
8. Can I put rocks on the shoreline?
9. What do I have to do to construct a pond?