Kenosha Sheriff’s Department Division of Emergency Management and ReadyWisconsin wants you to be safe while still enjoying this busy holiday weekend. Whether you are traveling or staying home, listed are a few safety tips for you and your family – following these simple tips can make for a safer celebration! Take care, be safe and ENJOY! HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
- Make sure your car is ready for the trip if you are traveling. Pack a first-aid kit, bottled water and some energy bars, in case you get stranded. Bring a car adaptor for charging your cell phone.
- Never leave people or pets inside a parked car. Temperatures inside a vehicle can climb to dangerous levels quickly, even on a cloudy day.
- To help avoid the holiday travel congestion leave before rush hour Friday or early Saturday and returning Monday before 4 p.m. or after 10 p.m.
- Check www.511wi.gov or call 511 for the latest traffic and road information on your route.
- Avoid driving if you feel tired, ill or have been drinking.
- And If you are grilling, have a fire extinguisher nearby and never leave the grill unattended.