PLEASANT PRAIRIE – Kenosha County is preparing to begin reconstruction of the intersection of County Highway H (88th Avenue) and Bain Station Road in late July, with completion scheduled late this fall.
The reconstruction involves converting the intersection, presently a four-way stop, into a roundabout.
Key elements of the project include:
- Excavation, grading and placement of base aggregate
- Construction of concrete curb and gutter
- Installation of storm sewers
- Installation of street lighting
- A new asphalt pavement surface
- Addition of concrete sidewalks and bicycle ramps
- Installation of permanent traffic signing and pavement marking
The intersection will be closed to through traffic through the duration of the project. Motorists are encouraged to detour around the affected area via Highway 50 (75th Street), Highway 31 (Green Bay Road) and Highway 165 (104th Street).
“We appreciate drivers’ patience while the work occurs,” said Clement Abongwa, director of the Kenosha County Division of Highways. “The detour may be an inconvenience this summer, but the end result will be a safer intersection with improved traffic flow.”
Project work is weather dependent and subject to change. Additional details will be provided closer to the start of construction.
A project summary, including a map of the recommended detour, is available at http://www.kenoshacounty.org/DocumentCenter/View/6901.