A June 2 event at the Kenosha County Job Center will showcase the many available resources that are available to help families and residents be successful.
These resources will include agencies that provide food assistance, public benefit assistance, insurance, healthcare, family, childcare, veteran, and career services. This event is family friendly and will have activities designed to engage children, organizers said.
The event will run from noon to 3 p.m. inside and outside of the Job Center, 8600 Sheridan Road, Kenosha. Visitors are asked to use Entrance A on the north side of the building.
Free hotdogs will be available to the first 200 visitors, courtesy of Kenosha Area Family and Aging Services.
Other activities will include “Meet the Mascots” from 1 to 2 p.m., with an open invitation made to all Kenosha County mascots — from our stellar universities, colleges, high schools, and other organizations. Mascots are welcome to attend and provide photo opportunities to Kenosha youth.
“Let’s show some support and recognition to all the good organizations in Kenosha County working on behalf of our residents, and inspire the youth,” said event organizer Bobby Nash, of Equus Workforce Solutions.
Resource vendors at the event will include:
- Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Office of Veteran Employment Services
- Kenosha County Behavioral Health Services
- WRTP/ Big Step
- Kenosha County Childcare Unit
- ELEVATE and Children First- Kenosha Child Support Services
- Kenosha County Division of Workforce Development
- Women and Children's Horizons
- Professional Services Group- Families First
- Kenosha County Public Health
- PSN Family Resource Center
- Familia Dental
- Shalom Center
- Kenosha County Sheriffs Department/Deputy Friendly
- Spanish Center
- Kenosha County Aging & Disability Resource Center
- The Sharing Center
- Live Lead Safe Program
- FSET - Equus Workforce Solutions
- W2 - Equus Workforce Solutions
- Kenosha Unified School District
- KAC- Early Head Start
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Lakeside Curative Services/ LCS
- Gateway Technical College
- Molina Healthcare
- Kenosha Fire Department
- And more!
For more information, please contact Bobby Nash at [email protected] or 262-697-4597.