OCT. 3, 2019, UPDATE:
On October 1, 2019, at approximately 2:52 p.m. a fourth suspect 19-year old Hannah Curty a resident of Racine was booked into custody at the Kenosha County Jail for felony charges related to the Huffhines family illegal THC vape cartridge manufacturing investigation.
Hannah Curty was charged with two felony counts of manufacture/deliver THC greater than 10000 grams or 201 plants. Ms. Curty is expected to make her first court appearance today at 1:00 p.m.
Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth acknowledges the hard work and commitment in ensuring a safe community from the investigators of the Kenosha Drug Operation Group (KDOG), the City of Waukesha Police Department, and the Racine County Sheriff’s Office.
OCT. 1, 2019, UPDATE:
On September 30, 2019, at approximately 3:00 PM Courtney D. Huffhines was taken into custody at the Public Safety Building as a result of the ongoing investigation into the illegal manufacture of THC filled vape cartridges that involve her sons Tyler Huffhines and Jacob Huffhines. Courtney Huffhines is 43 years old and a resident of the Village of Paddock Lake.
This arrest is a result of the continued investigation into the illegal manufacture of THC filled vape cartridges at 7937 Williamsburg Court #201 in the Village of Bristol. Kenosha County Sheriff’s Deputy’s transported Ms. Huffhines to the Kenosha County Jail, and she is being held on the following three felony charges:
- Possession with intent to deliver THC over 1000 grams or 201 plants.
- Misappropriation of personal identifying materials
- Manufacture/deliver THC greater than 1000 grams or 201 plants
ORIGINAL SEPT. 11, 2019, NEWS RELEASE:
On Thursday, September 5, 2019, at approximately 0600 the Kenosha Drug Operations Group (KDOG) and the Racine County Metro Drug Unit assisted the City of Waukesha Police Department in serving two “knock and announce” search warrants at two locations within Kenosha County.
These two search warrants discovered a marijuana/THC operation used to produce THC vape cartridges. The total street value of the seized THC product is estimated to exceed 1.5 million dollars. These simultaneous search warrants were at 24622-74th Street within the Village of Paddock Lake and at 7937 Williamsburg Court #201 in the Village of Bristol.
These search warrants were the result of a City of Waukesha Police Department investigation that identified a subject as a large scale supplier of Marijuana/THC and THC vape cartridges who lived in Kenosha County. The Racine County Metro Drug Unit was included in this investigation due to a past investigation with a member of the family.
Kenosha Drug Operations Group members along with Kenosha Sheriff’s Department Deputies made entry into the Paddock Lake residence and secured four people inside of the home. Tyler T. Huffhines and Jacob D. Huffhines were placed in custody and transported to the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department. KDOG members along with Racine County Metro Drug Unit assisted in a thorough search of this residence.
At the Village of Bristol location, KDOG members and the Racine County Metro Drug Unit assisted the City of Waukesha PD making entry and secured the location. No persons were located within the residence and a thorough search of this residence was completed.
Items seized from the Paddock Lake residence include:
- Approximately $59,000 in US Currency
- Eight Firearms and ammunition
- 0.6 Grams of Cocaine
- 10.6 Grams of Marijuana
- Nine pills identified as Xanax
- Nine cellular telephones
- Miscellaneous drug paraphernalia including scales and packaging materials
Items seized from the Bristol residence include:
- Approximately 31,200 vape cartridges filled with 1 gram THC each
- Approximately 98,000 vape cartridges unfilled
- 57 Mason jars filled with approximately 1616 ounces of refined liquid THC
- Approximately eighteen pounds of Marijuana
- $351 in US Currency
- Three money counting machines
- Thousands of empty vape cartridge boxes/packaging
- Miscellaneous drug paraphernalia used to produce the filled cartridges
Tyler Huffhines is being held in the Kenosha County Jail on the following charges:
- Manufacture, Distribution, or Delivery of Marijuana/THC more than 10,000 Grams
- Possession with Intent to Manufacture, Distribute, or Deliver Marijuana/THC more than 10,000 Grams
- Keep/Maintain a Drug House
- Unauthorized use of Individuals Personal Identifying Information
Jacob Huffhines is being held in the Kenosha County Jail on the following charges:
- Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of Cocaine 2nd Offense
- Felony Probation Hold
The safety of everybody including our children is the utmost importance to the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department and we will work diligently to investigate and hold the person responsible for this type of drug activity. Sheriff Beth reminds all parents to be on the lookout for vaping devices as many of these products can contain THC and have smells like fruit or candy. These devices do not have the typical odor of Marijuana being smoked.