A series of long-term closures that took effect this week will affect Interstate 94 users in Kenosha County.
This work is part of an I-94 expansion that the Wisconsin Department of Transportation accelerated recently.
The new closures include:
- The I-94 southbound exit ramp to Highway E is closed until spring 2019.
- The I-94 northbound entrance ramp from Highway E is closed until late November.
- Eastbound Highway E is closed under I-94, until late 2019.
- The I-94 northbound entrance and exit ramps at Highway KR are closed until late November.
- Highway KR is closed under I-94, eastbound and westbound, until late 2019.
- The I-94 northbound right lane is closed from Highway 142 northward until late November.
Also, nearby in Racine County, the I-94 northbound entrance and exit ramps at Highway 11 are now closed until late November. This leaves Highway 142 in Kenosha County and Highway 20 in Racine County as the nearest locations for northern Kenosha County residents to enter northbound I-94.
The DOT's latest project brief, which includes a map of the affected area, is here. More project information and updates from the Wisconsin DOT are available here.