February 28, 2020
Hedburg Library, Carthage College
2001 Alford Park Drive
Kenosha, WI 53140
Women of Science at Carthage College
Friday, February 28, 2020
In honor of Carthage College’s 150 Years of Women celebration, several Carthage organizations will explore the impact of women in the different fields of science. This event is free and open to the public.
The participants/activities include:
- Theta Chi Delta (Chemistry Club): Learn about Rosalind Franklin’s research in chemistry.
- Psi Chi Honors (Psychology Club): Find out how eye tracking works with research from Anne Treisman and Molly Potter.
- Gamma Nu Sigma (Neuroscience Academic Fraternity Club): Discover how the brain works and review notable women neuroscientists.
- Beta Beta Beta (Biology Honors Society): Examine biology as the study of all living things.
- Society of Physics Students: Understand how physics is the study of matter, energy, and force, and how each component interacts with one another.