- The 2nd Tuesday of the Quarter in the month February, May, August, and November
- Kenosha County Veterans Services Office
8600 Sheridan Road, Suite 700
Kenosha, WI 53143
- James "Jim" Schmidt – Chairman (term expires Dec. 31, 2023)
- Charles J. Burmeister (term expires Dec. 31, 2022)
- Bill Erickson (term expires Dec. 31, 2024)
- Donald Diehl (term expires Dec. 31, 2025)
- Ali Nelson - Secretary (not appointed by County Executive)
History & Purpose
The Kenosha County Veterans Service Commission was created in accordance with Section 45.81 of the Wisconsin Statutes. The purpose of the Commission is to furnish aid to needy veterans, their needy spouses, surviving spouses, minor and dependent children of the veterans, and the needy parents of veterans, if the right of that person to receive aid is established to the Commission’s satisfaction.
Members & Terms
The Veterans Service Commission consists of at least three (3) residents of the county who are veterans, appointed for staggered 3-year terms by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Board. Members receive a per diem payment of $50 per meeting.