Housing Authority Committee
This board meets as needed. Please contact the Kenosha County Housing Authority (KCHA) staff at 262-857-1843 to determine the next meeting date, or request a copy of past meeting minutes.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
- Mark Starzyk, Chairman, term expired April 30, 2018
- Kimberly Breunig, term expires April 30, 2025
- Michael Pitts, term expires April 30, 2022
- Mary Kubicki, term expires April 30, 2024
- Steve Bostrom, term expires April 30, 2026
History & Purpose
Kenosha County Board of Supervisors Resolution #53, (February 17, 1981), established the Kenosha County Housing Authority, in accordance with Section 59.53(22) and Section 66.1201 through 66.1211 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
The Kenosha County Housing Authority (KCHA), with staff assistance from the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC), operates in an effort to conserve, rehabilitate, and improve property owned or occupied by low and moderate-income residents in Kenosha County, outside of the City of Kenosha.
The KCHA has secured funding, and continues to seek out new funding, from a variety of Federal and State sources to offer the following programs:
- Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program (home improvement program)
- Rental-Unit Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program (home improvement program)
- Homestead Opportunity Loan Program (homebuyers program)
- Fox River Flood Mitigation Program (floodplain buyout program)
Members & Terms
In accordance with Sections 59.53(22) and 66.1201(5) of the Wisconsin Statutes, the County Housing Authority Board shall consist of five (5) members appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the Kenosha County Board of Supervisors. Members serve staggered 5-year terms and receive no compensation.