- Public Works
- Park Improvement Projects
- Kenosha County Veterans Memorial Park Development
Kenosha County Veterans Memorial Park Development
Kenosha County Veterans Memorial Park encompasses 335 acres and a 39-acre lake. This park is in the process of being developed with an emphasis on sustainable living education, recreation, and veteran-focused amenities. Since acquisition, the park has been transformed in an effort to restore and preserve its unique natural resources.
Formerly referred as KD Park, the park was renamed in 2020 as a tribute for the military service of those who are serving and have served. Kenosha County Veterans Memorial Park Lake is the perfect atmosphere for non-motorized water activities or a leisure stroll through over 5 miles of maintained walking trails throughout the park.
Park development was funded in part by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the North American Wetlands Conservation Act grants, and the American Transmission Company Pollinator Program.
2016: Parkway Development
Development involved pavement of a1/2-mile parkway, installation of 38 parking stalls, storm water management features constructed, and signage installed
2017: Infrastructure Development
Further development of the park continued with installation of additional boat trailer parking, boat launch, boarding pier, multi-purpose pier, additional parking on Highway KD near the dam, and construction of a restroom facility in 2020.
2018: Trail Development
A 3/4 mile trail was developed on the western parcel of the park.
2016 to Present: Prairie Development
Over 50 acres of prairie have been restored to date, with assistance from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
Oak Savanna Development
A 43-acre oak savanna was restored in 2021, beginning with the transplant of over 100 oak trees into the restoration site.
Hunting permits to hunt at Kenosha County Veterans Memorial Park are available from the Parks Division
- Permits will be issued only between 7 am at 3:30 pm at the Public Works office (19600 75th Street, Suite 122-1, Bristol WI 53104).
- The Kenosha County Veterans Memorial Park West Hunting Permit contains special hunting restrictions.
- Permits will only be written for 4 specific days at a time.
- Permits include a map of the hunting area and parking (PDF).
- The number of daily hunters is limited to 4.
- Permits must be carried with you when hunting.