Kenosha County Detention Center (KCDC)
Kenosha County Detention Center
4777 88th Avenue
Kenosha, WI 53144
Friends / Family Video On-site Visits – Days and Hours:
Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 9:00 am to 11:00 am & 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9:00 am to 11:00 am, 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Friends / Family Internet Visits – Days and Hours:
Sunday to Saturday: 9:00 am to 11:00 am, 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm & 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Inmates / Detainees will be allowed one Friends / Family On-site visit per week, up to 25 minutes in length. The week runs Sunday – Saturday.
- Friends / Family Internet visits are unlimited but there is an associated cost for this service and you will be charged a fee. See the GTL website for pricing information.
- Visits will need to be scheduled at least one (1) day in advance.
- There is no on-site visitation on the following dates: New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
- Only two (2) adults are allowed per inmate/detainees. Parents and Guardians must accompany up to two (2) minors. Every adult must have a valid ID.
- All personal items must be locked in a locker. No personal items, food or drink is allowed in the visiting area.
- You must sit in your assigned seat and use the assigned phone.
- Visitors are responsible for their children and their actions.
- Any inappropriate behavior such as the exposure of breast or genitalia by either the visitor(s) or inmate will end the current visit and will result in the following loss of privileges:
- The visitor will be imposed a three (3) month suspension of visitations
- A subsequent violation will result in an indefinite revocation of visitations
- The involved inmate/detainee will be restricted from visits for a two (2) week period per incident
- Proper dress is required and will be determined by the Sheriff’s Department personnel. Any inappropriate dress will result in termination of the visit.
- The ONLY electronic device allowed during the visit is the device being used to complete the visit.
- No operating of motor vehicles during visitation.
Professional Visiting Hours and Rules
Effective Immediately, the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department is making an accommodation for professional visitors that wish to see their inmate clients in person at both the Pretrial Facility and the Kenosha County Detention Center.
Since the time that the facilities restricted visitor access due to COVID19, the only means that professional visitors could access their in-custody clients was through a remote telephone conference, paid GTL Video Visitation, or by way of a ‘through glass’ on-site visit. All of these means of visitation will remain in place as an option and are still strongly encouraged. For those professional visitors that feel an absolute necessity to see their clients, the facilities are presenting an option for an approved conventional visit in the professional visitation area of each facility.
Professional visitors that have not been to the Kenosha Facilities ever before and are not approved as professional visitors must come to either facility and present a BAR or other official credential card, a Government-issued I.D., and have a JACKET number created. If – as a professional visitor you have been to either of the facilities before now- you may forgo this registration process.
Professional visitors wishing to exercise this option will be subject to additional COVID19 screening processes before being permitted into the secure area of the facility to include completion of a questionnaire, and a ‘no-touch’ body temperature reading. Failure of any part of this additional screening process will prohibit entry into the facility. All professional visitors will be required to wear personal protective equipment without exception at all times while within the secure area of the facility to include a surgical mask. Visitors are required to supply their masks. Masks may be cloth, surgical, or an N-95 mask. Surfaces within the professional visitation area will be decontaminated with a disinfectant before and upon the completion of each visit. Visitors are encouraged to clean their hands using the supplied personal disinfectant before entering and leaving the facility.
It is important to acknowledge that under the circumstances there exist some contingencies to this visitation.
The hours of availability for visitation for each facility may be found here: https://www.kenoshacounty.org/562/Inmate-Visitation In addition to these hours, during this special accommodations there shall be no professional visitors at either facility after 6 p.m. (1800). Although professional visitation is open during the posted times, it is HIGHLY recommended to attempt to visit during times that courts are not in session.
Until further notice, those wishing for this accommodation must find out where the inmate is currently housed. You may find that information here: http://inmate.kenoshajs.org/NewWorld.InmateInquiry/kenosha/ (SEARCH BY HOUSING FACILITY)
Once the professional visitor is aware of which of the Kenosha facilities the inmate is currently being housed, the visitor may report to the facility (during normal approved hours), and once there security staff will determine if a room is available for a conference. If a room is available, an in-person conference will be permitted. If a room is not available, no in-person visit will be allowed and other professional visitation methods will have to be considered. (Through the glass, telephonic, GTL video visit, letter)
IMPORTANT: Space is very, very limited. Your reporting is not a guarantee that the in-person visit request will be approved. The professional visitation area at both Kenosha facilities is being used for remote video appearances for local and federal courts in addition to revocation hearings. These processes SHALL be provided priority over all in-person professional visitation requests. AVAILABILITY IS VERY FLUID AND YOUR REQUEST MAY NOT BE HONORED OR MAY BE REJECTED OR BE SUBJECT TO DELAY ON SHORT NOTICE. It is important to know that this service is available on a ‘first come-first served’ basis. The facility will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your request under the circumstances. Please exercise the other available contact options and limit this option to those instances where it is an absolute necessity and the other options are not feasible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while the facilities continue to respond to the COVID19 crisis.
Professional visitors will also have the option of onsite video visitation or internet video visitation. Those wishing to be listed as authorized professional visitors in the GTL system will be required to provide a request on letterhead, along with legible copies of BAR card and a valid ID. More information on how to submit these documents can be obtained by calling (262)605-5800. If a professional or legal visitor is not registered by following the above submittal process, the visit will be recorded. Please contact the KCDC Office Manager for further information.
Register online at GTL VisitMe to schedule a visit.
For video visitation, the inmate/detainee will be in the day-room area and there will be no expectation of privacy.
There is an associated cost for internet video visitation service and you will be charged a fee. See the GTL website for pricing information.
Officer Supervised Professional Visitation Hours:
Wednesday, Thursday: 8:30 am to 11:00 am & 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Unsupervised Professional Visitation Hours:
Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 8:30 am to 11:00 am & 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:30 am to 11:00 am, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Professional Video On-site Visits – Days and Hours:
Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 8:30 am to 11:00 am & 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:30 am to 11:00 am, 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Professional Internet Visits – Days and Hours:
Sunday – Saturday: 9:00 am to 11:00 am, 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm & 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm