Clothing & Property
The Kenosha County Pre-Trial Facility issues undergarments to all inmates incarcerated in the Kenosha County Jail. Undergarments no longer need to be dropped off for inmates incarcerated in the Kenosha County Jail system. Thermal underwear can be purchased by inmates through their Trust funds.
Release of Inmate Property
For the release of an inmate’s personal property, the inmate must personally initiate a formal written request with the jail staff. During that process, the inmate will designate a specific person who may receive his/her property. The Kenosha County Jail will only release property to the individual designated to receive it.
If you are designated to receive an inmate’s personal property, you must present proper identification at the time of pick-up. Only the complete personal property package belonging to the inmate will be released. Items will not be released individually.
For inmates housed at the Pre-Trial Facility, personal property releases are handled Monday through Friday, from 10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., at the north entrance of the Pre-Trial Intake Building (927 54th Street Kenosha, WI).
For inmates housed at KCDC, personal property releases are handled Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., at the main entrance (4777 88th Ave, Kenosha, WI).
Personal property is not released on the weekends.
Jury Clothing Drop-Off and General Instructions
- Jury clothing for all incarcerated inmates will only be accepted at the Pre-Trial/Public Safety Building. This is regardless of which facility the inmate is physically housed at.
- Jury clothing will only be accepted up to 3 days in advance or from 6:00 to 7:00 a.m. on the morning of the scheduled Jury Trial.
- If the Jury Trial date cannot be verified, the clothing will not be accepted.
- All special drop-off arrangements need to be approved in advance by Jail Supervision.
- Jury clothing can be exchanged daily by the same person that originally dropped it off.
- After the conclusion of the Jury Trial, the person that dropped off the clothing should pick it back up. If it is not picked up, the jury clothing will be released with the inmate or disposed of 30 days after the inmate is transported to prison or another facility.
Pre-Trial Building (927 54th St - North Entrance)
Fridays & Exchanges from 10:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Public Safety Building (1000 55th St – 2nd floor Jail window)
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Press the intercom for assistance.
Release of Money
An inmate may choose to have money released from his or her Trust account. In order to do so, the inmate must initiate a formal request for the release of funds. During this process, the inmate must designate who receives said funds.
If you are designated to receive inmate funds, you must present proper identification at the time of pick up. These funds are released only on Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. and may be picked up at the south entrance of the Pre-Trial Building (927 54th Street, Kenosha, WI).