Kenosha County "How To"

For new and longtime residents alike, here is a list of quick links to help you access government services and information in Kenosha County.

If you cannot find what you're looking for here, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of the County Executive at 262-653-2600 or [email protected].

How to...

Stay informed:

Find public officials and government offices:

Each year, the Kenosha County Clerk's Office publishes a comprehensive directory listing public officials and offices on the municipal, county, state and federal levels.
View the directory here

Find out where I vote and who represents me

Search by address

Find voter information

  • Find out where you vote, view a schedule of upcoming elections and results from previous elections on the Kenosha County Clerk's Office Election Information Page.
  • View or update your voter registration status and request an absentee ballot at MyVote Wisconsin.

Enjoy Kenosha County Parks

Established in 1927, the Kenosha County Parks system offers more than 1,500 acres of managed recreational land at eight parks located across the county, plus some 14 miles of paved cycling trails.
View the Kenosha County Parks website

Check beach water quality reports

Kenosha County Public Health records and reports water quality at beaches across the county (including Lake Michigan and inland lakes) throughout the swimming season.
View the reports

Find vital records

The Kenosha County Register of Deeds' Office has birth, death, marriage and domestic partnership records for events that occurred in Kenosha County, as well as many records for events that occurred statewide.
Learn more about vital records

Access human services

Get a private well test

Kenosha County Public Health offers testing of private wells for fluoride, nitrates and total coliform level.
Learn more

Get a driver's license

Driver's licenses and state I.D. cards are administered by the Wisconsin DMV. The local office is located at 4911 88th Ave., Kenosha (near the intersection of Highway H (88th Avenue) and Highway 158 (52nd Street).
View office hours and links to online services

Access public transportation

Get a residential building permit

The Kenosha County Division of Planning and Development administers zoning permits for properties within the towns of Brighton, Paris, Randall, Somers and Wheatland, and the village of Somers.
View more details here.

Links to other municipalities' permitting information are below: