The Asthma-Safe Homes Program provides FREE asthma self-management education and home environmental walkthroughs to Medicaid-eligible children ages 2-18 years and pregnant women with poorly controlled asthma.
The Asthma-Safe Homes Program program is offered to all Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth County residents.
Participants are gifted up to $1,000 in asthma-friendly cleaning supplies and durables upon completion of the program! This includes an asthma-friendly cleaning kit, a new vacuum, and an air purifier!
The goal is to reduce missed school or workdays, urgent care visits, emergency department visits, and hospitalizations due to asthma.
- Two in-home or virtual sessions with a walkthrough
- Two follow-up calls
- Self-management education by a trained asthma educator
- Early warning signs and triggers
- Asthma action plan review
- Review of asthma medications and proper inhaler use
Home Environmental Walkthrough
- Asthma triggers increase the risk of an asthma attack
- Trained staff identify asthma triggers in the home and provide recommendations to help reduce triggers
- Free asthma trigger reduction items may be provided
- Common asthma triggers include:
- Pet dander
- Dust mites
Who Would Benefit?
Anyone whose asthma causes:
- Missed school or workdays
- Emergency department visits
- Urgent care visits