Things to know about this recent trend in our community:
- Xanax tablets have been cut with fentanyl, a cheap, synthetic opioid that the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration says is 100 times more potent than morphine.
- The Kenosha County Medical Examiner's Office reports that 49% of all 2020 toxicity deaths resulted from fentanyl.
- Multiple naloxone (Narcan) doses might be necessary because of fentanyl's potency
Help is Available
For assistance, call Kenosha Human Development Services:
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Resource Center, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 262-764-8555
- 24-Hour Kenosha County Crisis Line, always available at 262-657-7188 or 800-236-7188.
Both of these resources can provide a list of treatment options available in Kenosha County.
How to Obtain Narcan
To receive your free training, which includes a free supply of Narcan, call the Kenosha County Public Health Narcan Training Hotline at 262-605-6741 or send an email to [email protected]. Messages may be left 24/7.
Download informational flyers