Doing Business with the Department of Human Services

The Kenosha County Department of Human Services (KCDHS) does business with independent agencies and contractors in a number of different settings. Most business transactions between KCDHS and independent agencies are based on the department's need to provide services to individuals in the community. 

Independent agencies may compete to provide such services through the Request for Proposal (RFP) process. As a general guideline, KCDHS RFPs are announced and made available through this website.

RFA Announcement

Attention Human Services Providers: Kenosha County Department of Human Services, Division of Workforce Development is seeking assistance in providing training to non-custodial parents (NCPs) in Kenosha County. For further information and to apply, please click on the below Request for Assistance (RFA). 

Request for Assistance (RFA)

The deadline for receipt of applications will be December 16, 2022, by 3:00 PM, local time.

Civil Rights Compliance

Federal civil rights laws prohibit discrimination of members, applicants, enrollees, and beneficiaries in any programs or activities that receive Federal financial assistance. Those laws include:

  • Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
  • Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
  • Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
  • Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972
  • Age Discrimination Act of 1975
  • Section 1557 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
  • Their respective implementing regulations

They prohibit recipients and subrecipients of Federal financial assistance from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and, in some programs, religious creed or political affiliation or beliefs, in their programs or activities, and in retaliating or engaging in reprisals against individuals for opposing discrimination protected under these laws.

The 2022-2025 Civil Rights Compliance (CRC) Letter of Assurance (LOA) is required of all contracted providers receiving federal funds. It does not matter the number of employees or the amount of funding received. An LOA must be submitted to the KCDHS Office of the Director, Contract Management. 

Contractors with 50 or more employees, who also receive $50,000 or more in funding, must also have a completed CRC plan in place. The CRC plan must be made available upon request by any State of WI or Kenosha County representative. 

For more information, navigate to Civil Rights Compliance Information | Wisconsin Department of Health Services.

Other General Information

A Proud Partner of the American Job Center Network