Healthy People Kenosha County 2020 Committees
Healthy People Kenosha County (HPKC) 2020 is composed of six committees that specifically address goals and outcomes for the leading health indicators in Kenosha County and guided by a Steering Committee. These committees are:
- Access to Health Care
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Mental Health/AODA
- Injury Prevention
- Youth Health
- Environmental Health
The Steering Committee is interested in involving local community members in the planning process of Healthy People Kenosha County 2030. Your experiences and ideas are wanted to create a HPKC 2030 that will be a community wide effort.
If you are interested in joining a committee please email Stacey Wians
HPKC 2020 Committe Goals:
Access to Health Care
- Reduce premature deaths in Kenosha County.
- Improve Kenosha County immunization rate for children 2 years and younger.
- Improve the Kenosha County infant mortality rate among the African American population.
- Ensure all Kenosha County residents have access to a primary care provider.
- Promote the importance of physically activity and proper nutrition.
- Promote the responsible use of alcohol.
- Decrease the number of adults who report tobacco use.
- Individuals served by Kenosha County’s mental health and substance abuse programs will reflect the diversity of the community.
- Quality of life will be improved for persons with mental illness.
- Reduce the incidence of binge drinking in Kenosha County.
- Kenosha County residents will have a greater understanding of mental illness and where they can go for assistance.
- Reduce access to lethal means.
- Reduce the number of injuries and deaths related to motor vehicle crashes.
- Reduce the number injuries and deaths related to falls.
- Promote physical activity and healthy food choices.
- Promote a healthy reproductive system.
- Improve high school graduation rate.
- Decrease the number of children in poverty.
- Improve air quality.