Kenosha County Sheriff Explorers
Who We Are
The Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department Explorer post is an affiliate of the Boy Scouts of America. This program caters to young adults ages 14 to 21, who are interested in a career in Law Enforcement.
Explorers are educated in the concepts, procedures, and duties of Law Enforcement, by members of the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department.
Exploring helps the involved youth develop self esteem, leadership, responsibility, and good work ethics. Exploring also facilitates and strengthens relations between Law Enforcement and the community.
What We Do
Our goal is to train our young Men and Women for a future career as Law Enforcement Officers, or other Law Enforcement support roles. These goals are met by the following:
- Classroom training sessions
- Hands on exercises to reinforce the classroom lessons.
- Statewide Competitions.
- Deputy Ride-along
- Firearms training
- There are also Demonstrations by
- Bomb Unit
- Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
Specialized training by:
- Accident investigators
- Evidence Technicians
- FBI, DEA, DNR, CIA
- Our meetings are held at the Kenosha County Highway Department/ County Center located at the corner of US 45 and STH 50.(19600-75th Street) These meetings are on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month at 7:00pm.
How to Become a Member
The Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department Explorer Post #486, invites anyone between the ages of 14 to 21 years of age, who are interested in a Law Enforcement career.
- Fill out an application (PDF)
- Have no criminal arrests or convictions
- Pass a background check
- Maintain at least a C grade point average
- Maintain good moral character
- Demonstrate willingness to work together to serve the community, and participate in Explorer activities.
The Explorers are representatives of the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department. Due to this all Explorers a must conduct their personal and professional lives in such a manner to avoid adverse reflection on the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department. Any violation of Department or Explorer policy is grounds for removal from the program.