Apply for Your Passport


Due to COVID-19 all passport applications and services at the County Clerk’s office have been suspended until further notice. 

If you need to apply for a U.S. Passport, contact the Chicago Passport Agency at: 1-877-487-2778 or TDD/TTY 1-888-874-7793.  Available 24/7. Se habla espanol. 

You may click on the link below to be connected to the Department of State, Online Passport Appointment System.

Online Passport Appointment System

Currently we are not scheduling passport applications.

Regular Passport Application Acceptance Hours

Tuesday & Wednesday 


8 am to 4 pm

Kenosha County Clerk’s Office

1010 56th Street

Kenosha, WI 53140

Phone: 262-653-2552   

Office will be closed on holidays  


Application are accepted by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Call 262-653-2552 to schedule an appointment.

Hours will vary due to holidays - to confirm hours please call the office.

Passport Information for First Time Applicants

  • Passport Application DS-11 (unsigned) is available at the Kenosha County Clerk’s Office or online at the US State Department’s Travel website.The application must be completed in black ink. Do not scribble or use white out.
  • Applicant must submit the unsigned application in person.
  • Submit both a PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP (i.e. Certified Birth Certificate) The original/certified copy will be sent with application. The original/certified copy will be returned to you by the U.S. Passport Agency once the passport is issued. Note: Electronic Versions of Birth Certificates will NOT be accepted. Examples of Proof of U.S. Citizenship: 
  1. Previously Issued, undamaged U.S. Passport (does not require the photocopy)
  2. Certified Birth Certificate issued by the city, county or state*, listing the full name of the parent/parents. The certificate must be in acceptable condition, it cannot be torn, taped, damaged or have holes.
  3. Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
  4. Naturalization Certificate - must be the original
  5. Certificate of Citizenship - must be the original
  • *A Certified Birth Certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which must be within one year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.
  • A current valid State issued driver’s license or a State Identification Card with additional forms of photo identification.**Out of State ID’s also require additional identification documentation.** **When additional Identification is required to establish identity these are some personal documents that may be considered: Professional ID , Government ID(Federal, State, Municipal), Student ID (school or college), Driver’s License, Military discharge, Selective Service Registration Card and/or Classification card, DD-214, Official Military ID, Union membership card, Professional license (pilot, nurse, beautician, x-ray technician, etc.), Business Card, Medicare Card, Welfare Card, Marriage certificate, Divorce decree, School or College diploma and/or transcript, Credit card (If a credit card is presented as the second ID, a photocopy will not be submitted, document type, full name and issuance date will be notated on the whitespace of the photocopy of the primary identification), Insurance papers, Expired passport, Baptismal certificate, Voter registration card, Vehicle registration and/or title, Birth Certificates of children born to you.Copies will be made and sent with application for consideration.
  • One color passport photo; full front view with a plain white background, normal street attire, no hats or headgear. No camouflage or military attire. Do not attach photos to application.

Passport Photos

Passport Photos may be taken at the Kenosha County Clerk’s Office for $10 per person.


If the mother’s current name on her identification does not match the child’s name, proof of the name change needs to be submitted with the application and/or minor consent form. Examples of would be a Certified Copy of the Marriage Certificate or a Certified Copy of the Court Document.

If they are applying for their minor child and their last name is different from the child’s they must provide the name change document. Here’s an example of that: Child’s Name: Joseph Miller; Mother’s Name on BC: Mary Little; Mother’s Current Name: Mary French.

Children Under 16 Years of Age

If application is for a child under 16 years of age, parents listed on the certified birth certificate must both appear with their driver’s license or state ID, and the child must also be present. Even if the child has had a previous passport, you also need to submit a "Certified Birth Certificate" to show the child’s relationship to the parents. Whether Form DS-3053 is used, or the same information is provided on other paper, the Statement of Consent by non-applying parents for children under the age of 16 must be notarized and must also include a copy of the front and back of the non-applying parent’s ID.

Extreme Rush

If you need a passport with fourteen days, you will need to contact the Chicago Passport Agency and make an appointment. Their phone number is 877-487-2778.