ALL MARRIAGE LICENSES ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment, have all the required documents organized and officiant’s contact information to ensure a quick application process.
The County Clerk’s Office requests that the recommended CDC guidelines are followed by wearing a mask and practicing social distancing while visiting the County Clerk’s Office. Thank you.
NO WALK-IN SERVICES AVAILABLE
Fee: $100 Cash or $103 debit or credit card paid at the time of application.
How and Where to Apply:
Use the Appointment Scheduler or call 262-653-2552 for information regarding the current application process or if you have questions about prior to the appointment.
County Clerk’s Office
- The County Clerk’s Office is processing Marriage License Applications for Kenosha County residents, who have an officiant willing to perform their ceremony and are getting married in the State of Wisconsin.
- Applications for out of state residents are processed for applicants who have an officiant and only if the wedding ceremony is taking place in Kenosha County.
- The Clerk’s Office is not responsible for scheduling courthouse weddings or providing judicial or officiant information.
- To schedule a wedding at the courthouse, please call Circuit Court at 262-653-2465, prior to setting up your appointment with the County Clerk’s Office.
- If you need to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate from the Kenosha County Register of Deeds Office you will need to schedule that appointment at a separate time prior to your application for a marriage license.
- Applicants must have all documents and information required, including officiant’s contact information to complete the application for a marriage license.
- If you have any further questions, please give our office a call at 262-653-2552.
Re-opening July 6th with Limited Services Available ALL MARRIAGE LICENSES ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
THERE ARE NO WALK-IN SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE
Kenosha County Administration Building
1010 56th Street
Kenosha, WI 53140
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday
Closed Saturdays, Sundays and Legal Holidays.
Kenosha County Center
Appointments for marriage applications at the Elected Officials Office will be available beginning the week of August 17,2020.
CURRENTLY, THERE ARE NO WALK-IN MARRIAGE LICENSE SERVICES AVAILABLE
19600 75th Street (Highways 45 & 50)
Bristol, WI 53104
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Closed 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm
Monday through Friday
Closed Saturdays, Sundays and Legal Holidays
Persons Who May Not Marry
- A Person under the age of 16
- Blood relatives - nearer of kin than second cousins, except when the female is 55 years of age or older
- Persons declared incompetent by the Court
- Persons who have not been divorced for six months whether the divorce was granted in Wisconsin or elsewhere
Persons Who May Marry
Every person who has attained the age of 18 years is of age to marry. If a person is 16 or 17 years of age, a license may be issued with the written consent of the person’s parent(s), guardian(s) or custodian(s). Parent, guardian or custodian consent forms must be executed at the time of application before the County Clerk or certified in writing or verified before a Notary Public.