- County Government
- County Boards, Commissions & Committees
- Land Information Council
Land Information Council
The Land Information Council meets on an as-needed basis.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas/Minutes
Most Recent Recording | All Recordings
- Register of Deeds JoEllyn Storz (term does not expire)
- County Treasurer Teri Jacobson (term does not expire)
- Scott Schutze (Real Property Lister appointee; term does not expire)
- Supervisor John O'Day (term expires July 1, 2024)
- Scott Grundy (Land Information Office designee; term expires Nov. 1, 2026)
- Steve Bostrom (Realtor designee; term expires July 1, 2022)
- Sgt. Christopher Hannah (Public Safety/Emergency Communications designee; term expires Sept. 1, 2026)
- Shawn Smith (Emergency Communications designee; term expires July 1, 2023)
- Robert Merry (County Surveyor designee; term expires July 1, 2025)
History & Purpose
The Kenosha County Land Information Council was created by Kenosha County Board of Supervisors Resolution #28 (June 15, 2010) pursuant to 2009 Wisconsin Act 314, which amended Sections 16.967, 59.43 and 59.72 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
Act 314 amended Section 59.72 to create under subsection (3m) a land information council which shall review the priorities, needs, policies and expenditures of a land information office established by the board under sub. (3) and advise the county on matters affecting the land information office.
Members & Terms
As set forth in 2009 Wisconsin Act 314, new subsection 59.72(3m), the Land Information Council shall consist of not less than 8 members. The council shall consist of the register of deeds, the treasurer, and, if one has been appointed, the real property lister or their designees.
In addition, the following members shall be appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Board of Supervisors:
- A member of the county board
- A representative of the land information office
- A realtor or a member of the Realtors Association employed within the county
- A public safety or emergency communications representative employed within the county
- The county surveyor or a registered professional land surveyor employed within the county
- Any other members of the county board or public that the county executive designates
Land Information Council members serve staggered terms of 4 years in accordance with Kenosha County Board of Supervisors Resolution #28 (June 15, 2010). Members receive no compensation.