Transportation for Voting Purposes
Kenosha County offers free fares for accessible trips for voting purposes. Learn more.
Kenosha Area Transit (public city bus)
- All routes are currently running
- Service is on the hour (no half hour service during peak times)
- Care-A-Van is running the same hours as the city bus
Western Kenosha County Transit (rural public bus)
- Riders can schedule door-to-door trips to help facilitate social distancing. The fixed routes are suspended as of April 6, 2020.
- The fare for door-to-door is $3 for an elder or disabled person and $5 for general public
- This is a PUBLIC bus service
- Same Day trips are accommodated based on availability
- Some trip requests to neighboring Wisconsin counties and Milwaukee may occur based on availability with 10 day advanced registration. For trips 10 miles are less the cost is $5.00 each way, 11-30 miles the cost is $10.00 each way and for trips 31 miles or more the cost is $15.00 each way
- VTS is making referrals to Care-A-Van if they are unable to accommodate a ride due to lack of volunteers
- VTS fares remain the same at this time
- Rates vary by mileage: 0-9 miles - $4.50
>10 miles - $0.75/mile
up to 25 miles; after 25 miles the rate drops to $0.50 for each additional mile
For additional information call Lauren Coffman, Mobility Manager, at 262-605-6615.